Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Discouraged, To Say The Least

The best face I can put on my mood today is "discouraged". Obama, my choice for president, chose, as almost the first thing he did as the presumptive nominee of the Democratic party, to kowtow to AIPAC, assuring that powerful Israeli lobby that as president he would do whatever is needed to support Israel, essentially unconditionally.

I watched him make that speech and was sickened to see my guy say what he said. It could have been Cheney at that podium. Good Grief!!! and Oy Vey!!!

The Chris Hedges essay on this issue quotes the various parties' public utterances. Pay particular attention to what Olmert said after meeting with Bush recently.

Many months ago I wrote some posts in which I concluded that not much will change in the Middle East, regardless of who wins the White House. Since then I had begun to hope that Obama would provide positive change. I'm now back to my cynical earlier views.

Leanderthal, Lighthouse Keeper

No comments: