Friday, June 13, 2008

Figures Don't Lie, but Liars Do Figure

This is one of the oldest of chesnuts, but it occured to me again tonight when I heard the News Hour report that the"CORE" inflation rate was about 2%, excluding the increases in energy and food costs. If the increases in the cost of education and healthcare were excluded from the so-called "Core" inflation rate, the inflation rate could be manipulated to be zero or negative.

Over the years I've heard a lot about the collective wisdom of the citizens. My faith in that wisdom was severely challenged by the re-election of George W. Bush in 2004.

I guess I am hopeful that most of our citizens don't watch The News Hour, but will vote in November based on what they are experiencing day to day.

Leanderthal, Lighthouse Keeper

No comments: