Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Constitution, The Ten Commandments and SCOTUS

Sorry to say, in spite of religious leaders' proclamations and assurances that the children of God as they label us, or the homo sapien, sapien species, using the scientific nomanclature, we
continue to act more as a force of Nature than a Child of God, assuming God is a loving father, not a vengeful tyrant.

The Bible, which institutionally religious people claim is the word of God, contains descriptions of both "personalities" of God. I use the term "personalities" because those who believe that the Bible is the word of God think of God as a person, who would, by definition, have a personality.

You might wonder at this point about what I'm up to. As a Voice Crying in the Wilderness I have no illusions that anyone's listening. And so this exercise is for the most part a way for me to vent my frustrations. Should anyone actually pay atttention, tune in and respond I would be at least surprised, but at the same time, grateful, regardless of the nature of the comment the reader might leave.

Let's take it again from the top.

What got me going tonight?

Today the Supreme Court of the United States, now often known and appproriately reduced to the acronym SCOTUS(which rhymes with Scrotus), ruled that the three stage PROTOCOL(don't you love it when people wrap themselves in high falutin language to disguise their intent?) injections used to kill those who have been condemned to death does not rise to the level of violation of the cruel and unusual punishment language and intent of the Eighth Amendment.

I felt better immediately upon reading that news, didn't you?

You say you didn't? Tell me why.

Leanderthal, Lighthouse Keeper

No comments: