Saturday, April 18, 2009

Perhaps Worth Your Time, If You Take Your Time

Here's a link to an article, actually an essay, in the April issue of Atlantic Magazine.

It's a little long, and I'm often reluctant to start reading long pieces because too often I find them long mostly because the publisher thought they should be, and found a way that the writer could say the same thing over and over again, by adding statistics, anecdotes and personal experiences , in an attempt to justify a reader's investment of time and money.

In this case I'm glad I stuck it out. Perhaps that's because it was the only reading material left and still unread on the stool at the foot of the ceramic throne.

While that's true, it's also true that, by my sticking to it, the message intended by its author, has registered instructive and well with me.

Leanderthal

No comments: