Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Israel Can Do No Wrong?

Bullshit!

This is the kind of political pressure which makes me sick.

Ed Koch actually accuses Obama of not being an Israel supporter. What would he think of Obama if the president had the balls to tell the Israelis that they don't get a free pass to do anything they want to do? As it was, is now, and seemingly ever shall be, Israel can do no wrong.

Getting re-elected, which means getting as much Jewish support and big campaign contributions as possible, always seems to trump doing the right thing.

I guess I'll never totally understand how a group which constitutes just 3-4% of the American population, can exercise such power. Actually perhaps I do understand. I wonder what the percentage of wealth in the Jewish population is compared to all Americans. Likely a lot higher than 3-4%.

That Jews might have more wealth on average than other Americans is not the problem. I defend anyone's right and admire their having the smarts to become wealthy. I do suspect that a large segment of American Jews believe that they should support politicians which will support Israel, unconditionally.

It's the unconditional piece that should be unacceptable to anyone who believes in justice and fairness.

AIPAC should be required to register as an agent of a foreign government, but that's another, though related, story.

I expect that these thoughts will offend my Jewish friends. Sorry about that, but Ed Koch's hubris and arrogance on this issue really pisses me off. He's rubbing Obama's face in the dirt of
bought and paid for politicians.

Leanderthal

No comments: