Saturday, September 17, 2011

What Is Truth?

For me, I know it when I see it.  It's a belief which doesn't have to go through awkward gyrations to explain away contradicting facts. 

Here is Col.(Ret) Pat Lang's take on the consequences which will follow from our government vetoing the Palestinian request for state membership in the UN.  Col. Lang is a retired Army officer who experience includes working with Intelligence Agencies on the Middle East, most notably  Israeli intelligence.
I believe that his credentials give him credibility in these matters. He makes the points which make the most sense to me.

I do have to say that I don't understand the title of his post, something about we should give our veto in the UNSC to Israel. 

Also for important reading on this issue, here are Juan Cole's  thoughts on why  Palestinians need recognition as a member state in the UN. Again, like Lang's, Cole's points make sense to me.

Leanderthal

No comments: