Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Shame, Shame

Talking Points Memo has a piece today about more corruption at Gitmo. You can read it here.

It's about Colonel Morris Davis, former prosecutor at Gitmo, who is blowing the whistle on the Pentagon's torture and tribunal policies.

Last Sunday the NYTimes ran an article by Colonel Davis who resigned when he was thwarted, overruled, in his attempts to stop water boarding there. He was under a gag order since his resignation in 2005, which apparently has expired since he didn't pull any punches when quoted in the Times piece.

It makes me sick to read stuff like this. The real war criminals are the President and Vice President of our country today. Sadly John McCain would now have to join them in the dock, based on his total betrayal of his earlier position against torture. He voted against the bill banning water boarding and today is advising the president to veto that bill.

Shame, shame!!

Leanderthal, Lighthouse Keeper

1 comment:

Memphis said...

I just realized you had commented on several other entries on my blog... The work of art is called "Portrait of Katie Lewis"... I actually came across it on my first visit to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I went on my own because I really wanted to go and I purchased a souvenier book of postcard reprintings of women reading. This one was the one the cover. I actually didn't realize she resembled me until it had been on my page for several days. I only picked it because it matched the color scheme I had originally picked for my blog. It's a strange coincidence.