Saturday, March 15, 2008

How Very Embarrassing

Gail Collins. hit it out of the park in her op-ed column in today's NYTimes. She wrote about Bush's sorry attempt at calming the waters in New York City yesterday, citing several examples of his talk to the financial community.

One of the greatest benefits which will come from the November elections, whoever wins, is the end to the American people's embarrassment that this spoiled, Narcissistic man-child has spoken on our behalf for so long.

Leanderthal, Lighthouse Keeper

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

O Kindred spirit, I may not have your writing chops; but I do my best. Like your site and it will go on my Blogroll.

Try me at:
http://onemansop.blogspot.com/

Rich

Leanderthal, Lighthouse Keeper said...

Rich,

How could one not reply to "O kindred spirit"?

I "tried" you enough to know that I will "try" you on a regular basis.

Curious; how did you find my blog?

I'm a senior citizen, a so last century English major, finding blogs to be a new self-publishing medium, but not especially sanguine about the possibilities that anyone will read my stuff.
Thus the blog title, A Voice Crying in the Wilderness.

Thanks for listening.

Here on Cape Cod, it's attitude adjustment hour now. I'll "try" you again tomorrow, and expect that I will put up a link to your site when I've "tried" you a little bit more.

Leanderthal, Lighthouse Keeper

The Old New Englander said...

Are you scared by Bush's disengagement, especially from the burgeoning economic crisis? I am. We may hope that Henry Paulson and Ben Bernanke are more competent than the President in such matters (either of my cats is more competent), but at some point we need the power of the Oval Office to stave off what could easily turn into the worst economic slump since the Depression. Will we have it? Not from the looks of things.