Sunday, May 18, 2008

Live, From Cape Cod, IT'S SUNDAY AFTERNOON!!!

This afternoon, at the Orleans, MA Middle School, the Outer Cape Chorale performed Shubert's Mass In G, and Faure's Requiem. If you have to ask the price you cant't afford it.

From the opening stroke of the hand and arm of director Jon Arterton, the sound lepted off the stage with a power and emotionally grabbing expression which the composers must have felt and imagined.

Sometimes it's said, "You had to be there". Sorry for you if you weren't.

There are times when I don't want to be associated with the human race. This afternoon was not one of those times.

Leanderthal, Lighthouse Keeper

4 comments:

The Old New Englander said...

Isn't it nice to have moments that remind us what live is supposed to be about--but so seldom is.

The Old New Englander said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Thanks for the truly generous comment. Gordon

Kat Mortensen said...

It's a cold and miserable, wet day here in Southern Ontario - just the right kind of day for a little Schubert-who just happens to be one of my favourites-next to Grieg. I wish I had been there to hear it.
(I have many of those days of not wanting to be associated with humans).

Thanks for sharing this with me, Lee. I think I'll go dig out a cd.

Kat