Sunday, June 20, 2010

Manute Bol; A Big Man In Many Ways

Here's a link to an article which we all might wish to find more often.

The contrast between the story of this man's life and the stories of others with a head and shoulders advantage is both heart warming and sad; sad in the sense that others who had such an advantage got headlines for comparatively less than admirable behavior.

Read it and know how this man used his advantage, both physical and subsequently financial, for the benefit of his disadvantaged people.

This particular story got my attention because, as a 6' 6" male at age fourteen, my coaches and mentors worked with me to get the most out of my height advantage in high school to be the center of the Fairfield, CT 1955 New England Basketball Champions, played at the old Boston Garden.

The only thing I have in common with Mr. Bol is that we both passed from the celebrity scene at the end of our basketball playing days. I deserved that anonymity, but Mr. Bol did not.

Leanderthal

No comments: