Sunday, November 23, 2008

Jacoby on Organized Religion.

Here's an op-ed column by Jeff Jacoby in today's Boston Globe. He writes from a far right wing world view, this time defending organized religion, as if he of the far right fringe is especially qualified to instruct us on its value.

He sets off Wolpe's new book which takes a positive view of organized religion against Bill Maher's movie which takes a negative view. I've not read the book, nor seen the movie.

My problem with Jacoby is his typical reliance on smearing a person whose view he disdains.

Most of the comments are interesting, some provocative. As an agnostic I especially enjoyed those who took Jacoby to task for not distinguishing between an atheist and an agnostic.

I also added my two cents.

Leanderthal, Lighthouse Keeper

No comments: