Thursday, April 21, 2011

The U.S. and its Western allies are sure to do whatever they can to prevent authentic democracy in the Arab world.

PLEASE READ this essay by Noam Chomsky published by Tom Engelhardt at TomDispatch.com to understand what I'm trying to get at in this post and share with you.

I wonder if you decided to read this post because of the rather provocative title I gave it. It's a quote from the article. I used it intentionally in the hope of getting your attention just as the author of it got my attention by virtue of making that startling claim.

Once again I have to admit to being embarrasingly naive when it comes to what's really been going on with respect to foreign policy in all the occupiers of the Executive branch of our Federal Government Administrations since WW II.

I've been disillusioned with Obama for being just another president who's been rolled by the Pentagon. Now I have to admit that I was not giving the devil his do. Obama is not stupid, so
he must have bought into the post WW II premise that the U.S. has as its mission, hegemony all around the world, hypocritical disclaimers notwithstanding.

During the last presidential campaign I began to think that there would not be any real change in our foreign policy regardless of who won the election. I shared that worry with all of you back then. I have to admit, sadly, that I was correct in my concern.

Now I have to try considering the possibility, however distasteful, that such a mission has and still is, worthy of us. Why, because all of our presidents since WW II have continued, or so it seems, to support that world hegemony mission.

Tom Engelhardt of TomDispatch.com has as his mission exposing what, sadly, must be revealed as The American Empire. I wonder how many more of our year long rides around the sun will happen before someone writes about the Rise and Fall of the American Empire.

Being in my 70's now, I don't expect to be around to read it. And being in my 70's I'm keenly aware that younger generations are not particularly open to the warnings of their elders. Hell, I wasn't back then in the day either.

PLEASE READ this essay by Noam Chomsky published by Tom Engelhardt at TomDispatch.com to understand what I'm trying to get at and share with you.

Michael Klare another of the brilliant thinkers whose essays Tom Engelhardt publishes has
written truths about the threats of Global Climate Change. I add this because it is another example of a problem which younger generations don't want to take seriously.

Far too many of us want to focus on our daily practical problems at the sacrifice of paying attention to the larger picture. My hope is those of us who now are mostly relegated to the status of Jeremiahs will somehow find a way to get the attention of our progeny, and ask them to at least pay attention to, in the climate issue, reputable scientists who support their theories with documented and easily confirmed facts. We need to ask them to consider the source whe hearing denial about climate change. What's at stake for them if they deny the need to deal with this threat right now.
Generally speaking, all one needs to do is to follow the money trail.

Leanderthal

No comments: